How to Make a Pinata Cake
This cake is perfect for someone with a giant-size sweet tooth. Not only do you get a cake and sugary frosting, but you can fill the middle with even more treats!
If you made the pumpkin shaped cake that I posted back in September, the pinata cake is very similar. You’re going to need to make two cakes and stack them on top of each other, but the pinata cake will obviously be filled with candy!
-2 boxes of cake mix
-2 cans of frosting
-1.5 quart oven safe bowl
1. Bake the two cakes in the bowl according to box directions. If you don’t have a bowl you can use a bundt pan.
2. Let cakes cool.
3. Remove the cakes from the bowls and cut around the top of the cakes to remove the dome.
4. Scoop out the inside of the cakes. Leave about 2-3 inches from the edge.
5. Place one cake on a cake stand with the hollow center facing up and frost it.
6. Fill the hole with candy and then place the other cake on top. Frost the other cake.
7. Chill the cake for 15 minutes, then apply a second layer of frosting.
8. Decorate the cake however you’d like and enjoy!