Who Wants a Shamrock Shake?
I do! I do! But I’m too lazy to drive to McDonald’s… Good thing I can make this copycat recipe!
If you have a blender you can make this popular shake at home anytime of year. If you’re more of a visual learner, we even created a how-to video.
- -3 C. vanilla ice cream
- -1 1/4 C. milk, 2% or whole
- -1/4 tsp. mint extract
- -4 drops green food coloring
- -Whipped cream, to top with
- -Green sugar sprinkles, to top with
- 1. You will need to use your blender for this recipe. Start with the ice cream, scooping it into the blender.
- 2. Then pour the milk on top.
- 3. Add the mint extract and food coloring, then blend so that the food coloring and mint is evenly absorbed.
- 4. Taste the mixture. If you’d like to add more mint or color, do so now.
- 5. Blend again until smooth.
- 6. Pour into a heavy shake glass and top with whipped cream, sprinkles and a cherry.