How to Make a Tie Dye Cake
You’ve probably tie dyed shirts and socks, but have you ever tried it with food?
We like this tutorial from Omnomicon because it breaks down the process step-by-step and has helpful pictures. You can also search tie dye cake on Pinterest and you’ll find a handful of variations of this recipe.
2 boxes white cake mix
24 oz of clear diet soda
16 oz. whipped topping
2 oz. instant fat-free sugar-free pudding mix
1. Mix the cake mix and the soda.
2. Divide the batter equally into bowls.
3. Stir the different colors into each bowl.
4. Add about 2/3 of each color, one-by-one into the pan. Repeat until you’ve used all the batter.
5. Bake according to box directions.
6. Make the frosting by whipping together the pudding mix in with the whipped topping for a few minutes. Or you can use whatever frosting you’d like.