How to Make Omelettes in a Bag
I’ve seen some creative cooking before, but nothing that involved a plastic bag. If there’s one upside to this recipe, it’s that there’s no dirty pan to clean! More eating, less cleaning-that makes me a fan.
2 eggs (Or more if you have a large appetite!)
2 slices ham, chopped
1/2 C. cheese, shredded
1 Tbs. onion, chopped
1 Tbs. green bell pepper, chopped
2 Tbs. tomato, chopped
1 Tbs. salsa, chopped
*All of these ingredients are optional (well, except the eggs). Obviously you can put whatever toppings you like in it.
1. Crack the eggs into a quart size plastic bag.
2. Press out most of the air and seal.
3. Shake and squeeze to beat the eggs.
4. Add the ham, cheese, onion, green pepper, tomato, salsa, and mushrooms. Squeeze out the air and seal.
5. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
6. Place bags into the boiling water.
7. Cook for about 12 minutes.
8. Remove the omelette from the bag and serve.