Puppy Chow Recipes
With back to school season starting up you might want to brush up on this recipe. I know my mom made it dozens of times so I could sell it for fundraising projects. There are also several variations of the classic recipe including lemon and Nutella puppy chow!
The Basic Recipe
9 C. Rice Chex cereal
1 C. chocolate chips
1/2 C. peanut butter
1/4 C. butter
1/4 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 C. powdered sugar
1. Put cereal in large bowl.
2. Melt chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter over medium heat or in microwave.
3. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
4. Pour over Chex cereal.
5. Put into a large 2-gallon bag.
6. Pour in powdered sugar.
7. Shake well to coat.
8. Spread mixture evenly on wax paper and allow to cool.
Nutella Puppy Chow
1/2 C. butter
1 C. Nutella
1 1/2 C. semisweet chocolate chips
13 C. Chex cereal
2-3 C. powdered sugar
1. Melt the butter and chocolate chips, stirring constantly.
2. Remove from heat and stir in the Nutella.
3. Pour Nutella mixture over cereal in a large mixing bowl.
4. Mix the cereal and Nutella mixture together with your hands.
5. Add the cereal to a gallon sized plastic bag.
6. Pour in the powdered sugar and shake.
Funfetti Puppy Chow
5 C. Chex cereal
10 oz. vanilla flavored Almond Bark or white chocolate
1 1/2 C. Funfetti cake mix
1/2 C. powdered sugar
1 tsp. vegetable shortening
1. Melt almond bark then add vegetable shortening.
2. Pour over the cereal. Mix gently.
3. Add the cake mix and powdered sugar to the cereal and mix everything together.
Lemon Puppy Chow