Chinese Food isn’t Just for Takeout!
If you’re like me, every once in a while, you get a craving for some spectacular Chinese takeout. Well, it doesn’t always have to come in cardboard containers, there are easy ways to DIY these meals and get your fix! Keep reading to find out how I make my favorite Chinese dishes in the comfort of my own kitchen.
- Cold Sesame Noodles – These noodles are addictive. Kids love the taste, and grown-ups appreciate a healthful meal that can keep in the refrigerator for at least a day or two.
- Busy Night Chicken Lo Mein – This is a very quick and easy recipe to follow that could make the whole family smile at the dinner table.
- Quick Chinese Pepper Steak – Incredibly easy and tasty – perfect for when you’re in a hurry.
- Egg Foo Yung – Leftover chicken, beef and pork can all be sautéed with mushrooms, sprouts, onion and of course eggs! The accompanying sauce is simple and flavorful.
- Kung Pao Chicken - Make your own Chinese take-out, just as you like it.
- Won Tons – A staple in Chinese cooking, these meat-filled dumplings are deep fried in oil for a crispy outside.
- Egg Drop Soup – Easy to make and you don’t even have to order Chinese take-out.
- Oriental Pepper-Beef Shreds – This is not an extensive recipe. Seems to be a easy recipe to make with sirloin, bell peppers and some oil and soy sauce.
- Simple Broccoli Stir-Fry – This simple side goes well with Asian noodle dishes, as well as many other main courses!
- Chinese Hot and Spicy Asparagus Salad – This salad, which can be served warm or chilled, packs a lot of heat. Be sure not to overcook the asparagus.
So, foodies: what’s your favorite Chinese food restaurant dish? Do you have a recipe to make it at home? Let us know if you’re missing a recipe and we’ll help you find a great one.
Have a good week! Until next time, Jen
Tags: asian cuisine, asian recipes, best chinese food recipes, chinese food, chinese food recipes, chinese recipes, homemade chinese food, homemade chinese recipes, homemade recipes, how to make chinese food, how to make chinese food at home