Fishbowls You Can Drink!
If you’re planning any summer parties you must make this cocktail. Doesn’t it just look like the funnest thing you could ever drink? Keep reading to find out how to make it.There are several variations of how to make a fishbowl, here are a few of my favorites. There’s also a non-alcoholic, kid-friendly version! Just prepare and serve in an actual fishbowl, large clear jar or individual glasses.
The Quick and Easy Fishbowl: Only 3 ingredients
- Mix a 750 ml bottle of blue vodka, a 750 ml bottle of mango vodka and 5-6 cans of lemon lime soda and serve.
The Kid Friendly Version: With gelatin and gummy fish
- 1 two-liter bottle lemon-lime soda, flat
- 4 1/4-oz. packages unflavored gelatin
- 2 drops blue food coloring
- 2 oz. gummy fish
- Place 1 cup soda in a large bowl. Sprinkle gelatin evenly over soda, and let stand to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Place 2 cups soda in a small saucepan over medium heat. Heat until just before a boil. Add the softened gelatin, stirring to dissolve the gelatin completely over the heat, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add the remaining soda and food coloring, and stir to combine. Pour the liquid into the fish bowl. Using a damp paper towel, carefully remove any bubbles that have formed on the surface. Transfer to the refrigerator to chill overnight.
- When ready to serve, use a sharp knife to make vertical slits in the gelatin; insert the fish in a random pattern to make it look as though they are swimming in the bowl. Keep refrigerated until serving. Serve within 6 hours.
The Real Deal: An alcoholic aquarium
- 1/2 C. Nerds candy
- 1/2 gal. goldfish bowl
- 5 oz. vodka
- 5 oz. Malibu rum
- 3 oz. blue Curacao
- 6 oz. sweet-and-sour mix
- 16 oz. pineapple juice
- 16 oz. Sprite
- 3 slices each of lemon, lime and orange
- 4 gummy fish
- Sprinkle Nerds on bottom of bowl as “gravel.”
- Fill bowl with ice.
- Add remaining ingredients.