How Can I Use Peppermint Extract?
After having a fabulous Peppermint Hot Chocolate from Starbucks, I decided to make my own using peppermint extract. Keep reading to learn about my results, and hear the other great ways to use this flavorful spice!Peppermint extract is derived from the oil of peppermint leaves, and is extracted using alcohol. Peppermint extract is often used in cooking to add a minty, holiday flavor to candy, cookies, and even beverages!
Here are some of our favorite recipes that utilize peppermint extract!
1. Peppermint Tea: Simply add a couple of drops of peppermint extract to tea for a deliciously, minty flavor.
2. Peppermint Frosting: Top your Christmas Cake with this peppermint frosting! Use peppermint candies or extract! It’s delicious either way!
3. Pink Peppermint Pie: This is a festive pie for many different occasions. The peppermint extract and candies add a holiday flair, but the reddish color of the pie make it perfect for Valentine’s Day too!
4. Peppermint Hot Chocolate: Made from scratch, this hot chocolate could be the best recipe every. You won’t be disappointed.
5. Peppermint Chocolate Fudge: A perfect recipe to make for giving this as gifts to your loved ones during the cold holiday season.
Tell us: Do you love peppermint? What is your favorite food to add peppermint to?
Tags: cook with peppermint extract, how to make mint desserts, mint desserts, mint drinks, peppermint candy, peppermint desserts, peppermint drinks, peppermint extract, peppermint extract recipes, peppermint recipes, recipe, recipes