Free Food Fridays: Win Tree Top Apple Cider and Apple Juice! – ENDED
Tree Top has a lot of history! Their name was chosen after founder Bill Charbonneau held a contest among employees at his apple processing plant. The company makes delicious juices and ciders but also makes fruit snacks and applesauce! Take a look at their excellent drink recipes for the Halloween holiday weekend!
For the kids: Tree Top Rotten Apple Punch, a fun and festive way to prepare them for a night of collecting goodies!
• Apple cider (at least one gallon)
• Five 1/2-cup containers
• Red and green food coloring
• 10 to 15 gummy worms
• Punch bowl (or cauldron!)
1. Pour apple cider into five small dishes, stopping about 1/2 inch from the top. Add 2 drops of red and 1 drop of green food coloring to each dish and stir until the colors have blended.
2. Hang 2 or 3 gummy worms around the edge of each dish and place the dishes in the freezer. If you use more than 3 worms, the rotten apples won’t float as well. Freeze until the rotten apples are solid.
3. Just before serving, slip the frozen wormy apples out of the dishes by setting them briefly in a few inches of warm water in your sink.
4. Float the rotten apples in a large punch bowl filled with cider. For added creepiness, drape the gummy worms over the edges of your serving bowl. Consider adding dry ice for a fun, smoky effect.
For mom and dad: Try the Hot Apple Snickerdoodle! This easy-to-make treat uses minimal ingredients and is the perfect way to warm up those cool fall nights.
• ½ cup Tree Top Spiced Apple Cider
• 1 oz Spiced or Golden Rum (airplane bottle size works well)
• Cinnamon stick for garnish
Simply warm Tree Top Spiced Apple Cider in the microwave or on the stove top. Add one ounce spiced or golden rum and garnish with a cinnamon stick.
The Prize: Four (4) lucky winners will win one (1) bottle of apple cider or apple juice.
Timeline: This giveaway will run until November 3rd, 2011 at 11:59pm CDT. A winner will be chosen at random and contacted via email on Friday, November 4th.
How to Enter:
Mandatory Entry: Leave a comment on this post telling us what memories you have of apple juice. Have you recently been apple-picking? Did you drink it a lot as a child? Do you have a funny story about apple juice? Let us know!
Optional Additional Entries (leave separate comments for each one telling us that you’ve done them):
1. “Like” Recipe4Living on Facebook.
2. Follow Recipe4Living on Twitter.
3. “Like” Tree Top on Facebook.
4. Post about this giveaway on Facebook or Twitter, linking back to this page.
Best of luck from us at Chew on That!