How to Cook Corn on the Cob
As a novice cook, I learn something new every day! That’s why every Sunday from now on, I’m going to be sharing a how-to lesson on something I recently learned! I know that there are a lot of people out there that are like me, sticking to simple dishes, but trying to improve their kitchen skills. Let’s learn together and see what we can make! This week’s lesson: how to cook corn on the cob.
Fresh sweet corn has always been a summer favorite of mine; I love slathering it in butter and salt, then eating ’til I can’t eat any more! My mother always boiled her corn on the cob, but I know many people who grill it. I recently learned how to prepare corn on the cob both of these ways- here’s how to do it!
How to Boil Corn on the Cob
1. Remove husk and silk from corn.
2. Fill a pot about two-thirds full with water and boil.
3. Drop in corn, boil for 8 minutes, then remove with tongs.
How to Grill Corn on the Cob
1. Peel back husks (do not take off completely!) and remove silk from corn.
2. Pull husks back onto corn and soak corn in cold water for about 30-60 minutes.
3. Grill corn, husks and all, over medium heat for about 25-30 minutes, turning a few times during the process.
4. Remove from grill with tongs, peel back husks, and enjoy!
Not too tricky, right? If you’re looking for some yummy ways to prepare corn on the cob, try these recipes:
Basil Corn on the Cob
Corn on the Cob with Garlic-Chives Butter
Kickin’ Corn on the Cob
Corn on the Cob with Cheese and Lime
Honey Corn on the Cob
What’s your favorite way to prepare corn on the cob?
Tags: corn on the cob recipe, corn on the cob recipes, how long to boil corn on the cob, how to boil corn, how to boil corn on the cob, how to cook corn, how to cook corn on the cob, how to grill corn, how to grill corn on the cob