How to Make a Killer Watermelon Shark
Looking for a fun summer treat that will delight people of all ages? Try making a shark watermelon (or shark-a-melon, as we like to call it!) With some careful carving and some special effects, you can turn a tasty watermelon into a whimsical fruit basket that nobody will forget! Keep reading to learn how.
Here’s what you’ll need:
* Red food coloring (for special effects)
* 1 small Barbie/Kelly doll with no head
Here’s what you do!
1. Cut center of watermelon to form a basket.
2. Cut triangles for shark teeth.
3. Freeze basket overnight.
4. The next day, fill basket with watermelon cubes and berries (you can chop the strawberries, if you’d like.)
5. Add red food coloring around the shark mouth for a scary effect.
6. Place headless doll in the shark’s mouth.
7. Sit back and watch as people laugh, talk about it, and enjoy the fruit!
If you’re looking for other delicious watermelon recipes, click here for 12 of our favorites!
Tags: fresh fruit recipes, fruit basket, fruit salad in a basket, fruit salad recipes, how to make a shark watermelon, how to make a watermelon shark, shark fruit basket, shark watermelon, summer fruit recipes, watermelon basket, watermelon recipes, watermelon shark