How to Make Spicy Yogurt
I eat yogurt every single day without fail, but I don’t always eat it the same way. Sometimes I add honey. Other times I add cinnamon. Blueberries or granola might make an appearance. Or I might add a piece of toast for dipping. No matter what I add, I know the yogurt will be delicious. Now I’ve found a new recipe to give my yogurt a spicy kick. Though I can be a bit of a chicken when it comes to spicy foods, this recipe sounds very intriguing!
Spicy yogurt is an Indian concept. Many Indian dishes have some heat to them because of all the spices that can be found in the country. This yogurt is no exception. Check out the full recipe here!
Here’s what you need:
*3 Tbs. chopped fresh mint
*1 Tbs. water
*2 C. yogurt
*1 Tbs. finely chopped fresh coriander leaves
*1 tsp. sugar
*1 tsp. salt
*1 tsp. cumin seeds
Here’s what you do:
1. Grind or puree the mint with the water.
2. Beat into the yogurt and add coriander, sugar and salt.
3. Lightly roast the cumin seeds in a heavy-based skillet, then grind them to a powder and add to the yogurt mixture.
4. Stir to make sure all the ingredients are combined.
5. Chill the mixture thoroughly.
6. Sprinkle chili powder, if you like, over yogurt before served.
Sounds delicious, right?
Check out more Indian recipes from Indian Recipe4Living!