Taco Dip That Will Change Your Life!
Ok, the statement above may be a LITTLE bit over-dramatic, but this dip is seriously amazing. I recently moved into a new apartment, so I decided to throw a housewarming party this past Saturday. I had all kinds of goodies: chocolate chip cookie bars, chicken wings, cranberry-glazed meatballs, pretzels, a veggie platter, and a few other things. The only thing to disappear completely? This taco dip.
Throughout the night, I was being bombarded with rave reviews of the dip, and even the next morning (some friends stayed the night), I was hearing about it! The bowl was literally scraped clean when I got to it.
The best part is that this is super simple to make! It’s basically a traditional layered taco dip with the addition of some mashed avocado (yum!).
Here’s how to make it:
1. Gather your ingredients. (Click here to view them.)
2. In a bowl, combine sour cream, mayo, and taco seasoning mix.
3. In another bowl, mash avocado and mix in lemon juice.
4. In a bowl or serving platter, layer the following (in this order): refried beans, avocado mixture, sour cream mixture, cheese, tomatoes, and olives.
5. Chill for a few hours, et voila! Life-changing taco dip that is guaranteed to disappear quickly.
Because I served mine in a bowl and not on a platter, I found it easiest to keep a spoon nearby and let people serve themselves some dip on paper plates. That way, they could get a little bit of every layer on their plates.
Tags: appetizer recipes, dip recipes, easy appetizer recipes, easy dip recipes, layered taco dip, layered taco dip recipes, mexican dip, mexican dip recipe, mexican dip recipes, taco dip, taco dip recipe, taco dip recipes