Two Perfectly Paired Food Holidays in One!
When I found out that today was both National Pecan Day and National Waffle Day, I knew I had to pull out a super delicious recipe that combined the two: pecan waffles! (It’s also National Lobster Newburg day, but I don’t know of any lobster-pecan waffle recipes…yet…) Learn how to make your very own pecan waffles after the jump!
Here’s how you make these simple and amazingly delicious waffles!
* 1 1/2 C. flour
* 2 tsp. baking powder
* 2 eggs
* 2 egg whites, stiffly beaten
* 1 C. + 6 Tbs. milk
* 1/4 C. melted butter
* 1/2 C. finely ground pecans
* salt to taste (optional)
1. Sift together the flour, salt, and baking powder.
2. Beat the whole eggs and gradually beat in the milk and butter.
3. Add the flour mixture and beat with a wire whisk until smooth. Add the pecans. Beat until thoroughly blended.
4. Fold in the egg whites. You should have about 4 1/4 cups of batter.
5. Spoon onto your prepared waffle iron and cook according to the instructions of your iron.
Looking for other tasty recipes to celebrate your love of waffles and pecans? We actually have three more! Did someone say breakfast for dinner?
Buttermilk Pecan Waffles
Sweet Potato Pecan Waffles
Chocolate Nut Waffles
Tags: best waffle recipes, breakfast recipes, easy waffle recipes, food holidays, national pecan day, national waffle day, nuts, pecan waffle recipe, pecan waffle recipes, pecan waffles, pecans, waffle recipe, waffle recipes, waffles