How to Make Risotto
Risotto is rice’s sophisticated older brother. He’s creamier, much more filling and more of a dinner than a side. What’s not to like, right? Well, the trouble is that risotto has a reputation for being kind of a troublemaker. He’s not the easiest dish to prepare, so many cooks tend to shy away from him. Not anymore! We’ve got a step-by-step guide for you on how to make risotto tonight!
Here’s what you’ll need for this risotto:
* 4 C. meat/chicken brothrisotto recipe, risotto recipes, risotto recipe mushroom, mushroom risotto recipe, mushroom risotto recipes, risotto recipes mushroom, chicken risotto recipes, risotto recipes chicken, chicken and risotto recipes, easy risotto recipes, risotto recipes easy, shrimp risotto recipes, squash risotto recipes
* 4 Tbs. butter
* 1 Tbs. olive oil
* 1/4 C. minced onion
* 1 1/2 C. arborio rice
* 1/2 C. dry white wine
* 1/2 C. grated parmesan cheese
Here’s what you do:
1. Warm the broth up.
2. In a wide saucepan, melt 3 Tbs. butter with the oil over medium heat.
3. Add shallots and cook for 5 minutes, until softened.
4. Add rice and stir until hot, about 2 minutes.
5. Add wine and cook until most of the liquid evaporates.
6. Pour 1/2 C. broth over rice. Cook, stirring, until most of the liquid is absorbed.
7. Continue adding broth about 1/2 C. at a time, stirring after each time.
8. About halfway through cooking, add salt and pepper to taste.
9. Make sure to only use as much of the broth as you need until rice is tender and risotto creamy. Test the rice for taste. Add more broth if necessary. In general, the rice should be done after 18-20 minutes.
10. Remove the risotto pan from the heat.
11. Stir in the rest of the butter and cheese until it is melted and creamy. Serve.
See, that isn’t so difficult! That’s just a plain old risotto recipe! We’ve got tons more for you:
Tags: chicken and risotto recipes, chicken risotto recipes, easy risotto recipes, mushroom risotto recipe, mushroom risotto recipes, risotto recipe, risotto recipe mushroom, risotto recipes, risotto recipes chicken, risotto recipes easy, risotto recipes mushroom, shrimp risotto recipes, squash risotto recipes