How to Make Chocolate Truffles for Your Sweetheart
It’s Valentine’s Day! While I’m sure you already have something amazing planned for your sweetie (you do, don’t you?) I thought I’d share a quick and easy truffle recipe, in case you’re still looking for something to whip up! Homemade chocolates will show your Valentine that you’d rather spend time making a special treat than run to the store and buy something.
While chocolate truffles may seem a bit advanced, they are actually as easy as can be! Buy a few ingredients, follow a few steps, and you’ll have some freshly prepared chocolates in no time! Here’s how to make them:
(view and rate the original recipe here!)
* 1/2 C. unsalted butter, softened
* 2 1/3 C. confectioners sugar
* 1/2 C. cocoa
* 1/4 C. heavy or whipping cream
* 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
* Centers: pecan, walnuts, whole almonds or after-dinner mints
* Coatings: coconut, crushed nuts, confectioners sugar
1. Cream butter in large mixer bowl.
2. Combine 2 1/2 C. confectioners’ sugar and the cocoa; add alternately with cream and vanilla to butter. Blend well.
3. Chill until firm.
4. Shape small amount of mixture around desired center; roll into 1 inch balls.
5. Drop into desired coating and turn until well covered. Chill until firm.
Makes about 3 dozen truffles.
If you’re looking for something a little bit snazzier, try some of these tasty truffle recipes:
Apricot Orange Truffles
Spicy Chocolate Truffles
Chocolate Mocha Truffles
White Chocolate Truffles
Strawberry Fudge Truffles
Chocolate Walnut Truffles
Peanutty Chocolate Truffles
Tags: chocolate dessert recipes, chocolate desserts, chocolate truffle recipes, chocolate truffles, chocolate truffles recipes, edible valentine's day gifts, homemade truffles, truffle recipes, Valentine's Day, Valentine's Day desserts, valentine's day recipes, valentine's day sweets