3 Fun Ways To Use Hummus…It’s Not Just A Dip!
It’s really easy to just grab some hummus, place it on a plate and just begin chowing down on with vegetables, but it’s so boring. Sonny & Joe’s gave us a couple cool ideas on how to use their hummus, and all we have to say is YUM!
Compared to creamy, fatty dips, hummus is relatively healthy. It can also be used as a condiment or as an ingredient in a recipe. Keep reading to see how you can use hummus.
1. Good Burger – Replace that boring ol’ mayo with hummus. Sonny & Joe’s Just Hummus provides the same creamy texture as mayo but without the guilt. And if you want to it spice up, add Hot Enough and Jalapeno to your burger bar options.
2. Soup’s Served – A stunning appetizer–Sonny & Joe’s Roasted Pepper & Hummus Soup–is a robust flavored soup that is also nutritionally jam-packed.
3. Mixer - Make your salads special by topping off each individual bowl with a dollop of hummus. To make the presentation more colorful, use multiple hummus flavors. Your guests will thank you for the healthy treat, and admire your creativity and variety.
Here’s an example of how to use hummus in chicken:
Moroccan Chicken - Aromatic herbs make this a mouthwatering chicken recipe.
* 4 chicken breasts, cut into large cubes
* 1 container Sonny & Joe’s® Galilee Olive Hummus
* 1 onion, chopped
* 1/4 C. olive oil
* 2 Tbs. plain yogurt OR Tofutti Sour Supreme non dairy
* 2 cloves garlic, crushed
* 2 tsp. cumin
* 2 tsp. paprika
* 1 sm. bunch cilantro
* 1 sm. bunch flat leaf parsley
* salt to taste
* pepper to taste
In a food processor, combine the hummus, yogurt (or Sour Supreme), olive oil, garlic, cumin, paprika and half the cilantro and parsley. Blend until smooth. Rub chicken with mixture and let stand for at least one hour.
To grill: skewer and put on grill for 4-5 minutes on each side.
To bake: arrange in ovenproof dish, cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes, or until done. Garnish with reserved cilantro/parsley and serve over couscous or basmati rice.
Want to try making your own hummus? Click here for a ton of recipes!
Tags: best hummus recipes, chicken and hummus recipes, easy hummus recipes, garlic hummus recipes, healthy hummus recipes, hummus recipes, hummus recipes best, hummus recipes easy, hummus recipes from scratch, hummus recipes garlic, sonny and joes, sonny joes, spicy hummus recipes