How To Make Mashed Potatoes
Mashed potatoes are a classic recipe and they’re one of the best comfort foods out there. They’re creamy and thick, but they’re not always simple to make. Instead of making a major mistake the first time you try to make mashed potatoes, take a look at these basic guidelines first. It’s a relatively easy version of mashed potatoes, and it’s just as delicious!
Here are the ingredients that you’ll need:
* 2 lb. peeled, cubed red potatoes
* 1 stick butter
* 2 qts. water
* 1/4 C. whole milk
* dash of salt and pepper
1. Boil potatoes in 2 qts. water until fork-tender, about 12-15 minutes.
2. Drain potatoes, reserving some water for gravy, if desired.
3. Cut up 1 stick of butter into 6 slices.
4. Top potatoes with butter slices and cover, allowing steam to melt butter.
5. Next, add milk and salt and pepper.
6. Beat with a hand mixer for about 5 minutes until smooth and creamy.
7. Serve with additional butter or favorite gravy.
Tags: cooking tips, guide to making mashed potatoes, how to make mashed potatoes, making mashed potatoes, mashed potato, mashed potato recipes, mashed potatoes, mashed potatoes instructions, mashed potatoes recipes, recipes, the best mashed potato recipes