10 Recipes You MUST Try Before the Summer Ends!
There’s only one week left in the summer and I’m sad to see it go. It’s almost time to say goodbye to those delicious summer berries and melons and hello to the pumpkins, pears, and apples of fall. But before you start embracing fall cooking, you should have one last summer hurrah! Here’s a list of the recipes I think everyone should try before the summer ends.
Here are the first 5 recipes that you MUST make before summer’s over:
1. Summer Sweet Corn Salad: Mix grilled sweet corn and cherry tomatoes with some red onion and fresh lime juice for this amazing salad.
2. Summertime Delight Watermelon Sorbet: This delicious frozen treat is the perfect dessert for a warm summer evening. It is cool and refreshing and has just the right amount of sweetness to make it very satisfying.
3. Summer Strawberry Bread: This is a great recipe to use up strawberries during the summer and it’s delicious for breakfast or snacktime.
4. Cool Summer Shrimp and Crab Salad: A crisp and refreshing salad or cracker topping, with bright colors!
5. Baked Summer Squash Au Gratin: Add black pepper to the white sauce if you like a little more spice.
Are you excited to bid farewell to summer cooking, or are you still gripping onto your grill like me? I’m definitely excited to start making some pumpkin recipes, but I love the pasta salads, the potato salads, and the fruit salads of summer (I never realized how many salads there were in the summertime!)
I hope you enjoy these last-minute summer recipes! I plan on making the grilled corn salad ASAP. Let me know if you try any of them and whether or not you liked them!
Tags: best summer recipes, cold summer recipes, fall recipes, goodbye summer, last-minute summer recipes, quick summer recipes, summer appetizer recipes, summer cooking, summer cooking recipes, summer dessert recipes, summer recipe, summer salad recipes, summer side dish recipes