9 Cooking Tips that Everyone Should Know
I am not the world’s best cook. I’m sure you know this, as a few days ago I documented making my very first omelet, something I probably should have made years ago! But I am always on the lookout for some cooking tips and tricks to make my life easier. So I took a wander through the Recipe4Living Encyclopedia of Tips and this is what I found:
Here are my favorite cooking tips that I learned; some are obvious but simultaneously genius, some are very surprising, and all are just plain helpful. Check them out!
1. For perfectly cooked fish, measure fish at its thickets party and cook, using any method, 10 minutes per inch of thickness.
2. For perfectly grilled burgers, make a tiny hole, about the what your index finger could fit through, in the middle of her burgers. During grilling, the hole in the middle will disappear but the center will be cooked the same as the edges.
3. To avoid the browning of avocado flesh when exposed to air, immediately place the peeled fruit in lemon juice until ready for use.
4. To peel a tomato, peach, or anything else with skin, dip quickly in a pot of boiling water. Stick a fork into the stem and use a paring knife to easily remove the skin.
5. Dried out coconut can be revitalized by sprinkling with milk and letting it stand for about ten minutes.
6. Slipping garlic clove skins off is easy if you zap them in the microwave for about 15 seconds first.
7. Use an egg slicer to cut kiwi fruit.
8. Quick and easy way to separate lettuce cups. Cut out core. Hold cavity under cold, running water until leaves are easily separated by water and fingers.
9. Before placing double crusted pies in the oven, loosely wrap aluminum foil around pie crust edges. This will help the edges from browning too quickly. Remember to remove the aluminum about 10 minutes before pies are ready to come out of the oven so the crust is properly browned.
To read HUNDREDS more helpful hints, click here!
And if you have a great cooking tip or trick to share, submit it here!
Tags: baking tips, cooking tips, cooking tricks, food cutting tips, food cutting tricks, grilling tips, peeling tips, peeling tricks, pie baking tips, tips for baking, tips for baking pies, tips for cooking, tips for cooking burgers, tips for cooking fish, tips for cutting kiwi, tips for peeling fruit, tips for peeling garlic, tips for peeling kiwi, tips for peeling tomatoes, tricks for cooking