“Holy Guacamole That’s A Whole Lot Of Dip”
Those lyrics are from the rapper Young Jeezy, and while I don’t think I have a lot in common with him, we both seem to have a fondness for that wonderful green dip know as guacamole!
Now that Cinco de Mayo is right around the corner, I’m preparing for some serious margaritas, ridiculously tasty guacamole and my all-time favorite, quesadillas! Maybe I’ll throw my own Cinco De Mayo party.
When I was younger, I used to make guacamole all the time with my mom, but life’s gotten a little more hectic in the past several years. But that doesn’t mean I can’t stop for a moment and reminisce on all the yummy guac my mom and I used to make and then immediately devour!
Here are some cool facts I learned about guacamole!
1. The avocado dates to between 7,000 and 5,000 B.C. That’s one aged fruit!
2. The Spaniards explored the New World in the 1500s and found the Aztecs making a sauce called ahuaca-molli…the ancestor of guacamole!
3. Both September 16 and November 14 are said to be National Guacamole Day. Guac is so popular that it actually has two holidays. Not too shabby for a funny-looking dip.
4. Why is avocado so popular? Well, one reason might be that it has the highest fat content of any fruit. But don’t freak out! It’s the good type of fat.
5. I kind of already knew this one. Guacamole is one of the most fun dishes I have ever made. Make some with a family member or friend, and I promise you’ll laugh at least a few times.
Here a few good guacamole recipes:
Tags: chip and dip, chip and dip recipes, cinco de mayo, cinco de mayo recipes, cooking, dip, food, guacamole, guacamole recipe, margarita, Mexican, mexican food, mexican recipes, quesadillas, recipes