On my way to Amsterdam
In a glorious turn of events, I’m taking a trip to Amsterdam this weekend. I’ve never been to Europe so I’m SUPER excited.
Naturally, I did some research on what foods I musttt try. Hopefully I’ll come back having tried it all but here’s what’s on my list (not that I enjoy all of these things but I’m still forcing myself to try them):
1. The Herring. That’s all people talk about on the forums. I am not huge on herring, but I’ll give it a try, hopefully.
2. The Broodjes (Dutch sandwiches) – when in the Netherlands…! :)
3. The Frites (fries) – they serve them with mayo unless you request ketchup. I’ll likely be requesting ketchup.
4. I hope to visit a FEBO at least once. FEBO is a food automat that is supposed to be terrible and only for late night desperation, but I still must try it.
5. The Pancakes! I hope hope hope to come back having gone on this. Yes that’s the Pannenkoekenboot, also known as the Pancake Boat!
6. And lastly, I hear you mustn’t leave Amsterdam without sampling their Indonesian cuisine, and more specifically an Indonesian buffet-style rice table meal called a rijsttafel.
7. Oh wait, one more thing! Falafel! I hear it’s great there too, and I hope to visit the MOZA street stand.
I’d love to try all of these things but we’ll see what I actually have time for! I will definitely report back if this all works out. Happy Holidays everyone!!!